|Read more…||BSc(Hons), ND, Lic Ac, MBAcC, Dip Homeo-Mesotherapy, Dip Tui Na Medical Massage.|
|Reigate, Coulsdon, Mobile service
020 8123 9404
Naturopathy is a system of alternative medicine based on the theory that diseases can be successfully treated or prevented without the use of drugs.
Using a range of alternative methods of diagnosis, a Naturopath can often successfully pin-point a predisposition in the body, before the onset of acute disease. Treatment with specific therapies together with changes in the patient’s lifestyle, can bring relief and healing in a natural way. Furthermore, the body has this capacity to heal itself if given the right conditions and naturopathy, along with acupuncture, homoeopathy, herbal medicine, and most other holistic modalities subscribes to this basic understanding of the body’s own innate intelligence.
The Origins of Naturopathy
The principles of Naturopathy were first outlined by the Greek philosopher Hippocrates (around 400 BC) who believed in treating the whole person in regards to finding a cause and cure for disease. He used the laws of nature to induce cures and it is from his original school of thought that Naturopathy takes its principles:
- The healing power of nature – nature has the innate ability to heal
- Identify and treat the underlying cause which may be physical or emotional
- Do no harm – a Naturopath will never use treatments that may create other conditions
- Treat the whole person not just the disease
- A Naturopath should also be a teacher, empowering the patient to take responsibility for his/her own health
- Prevention is better than cure – removing toxic substances or situations from lifestyles can prevent the onset of further disease